The Town of Avon is home to the Avon Community School Corporation (ACSC). The Avon Community School Corporation offers children high quality educational instruction with a keen focus on improving student achievement. Approximately 8,800 students were served during the 2012 to 2013 school year in grades K-12 in 12 schools (seven elementary, two intermediate, two middle, and one high school). ACSC operates on a balanced calendar schedule.
Please visit the Avon Community School Corporation website for more information. You can also call them at 317-544-6000 or email ACSC.
Avon Schools Contact Information
View a directory of ACSC Schools.
ACSC Quick Facts
- ACSC's IREAD-3 pass rate was 94% in 2013.
- 85.1% of students passed both the English and Math portions of I-STEP in 2011 to 2012; the State pass rate was 72%.
- ACSC has an average attendance rate of over 97%.
- 4-STAR Schools include River Birch Elementary, Maple Elementary, Avon Intermediate School East, Avon Intermediate School West, Avon Middle School North, and Avon Middle School South.
- Art, music, and physical education are important pieces of the elementary curriculum.
- A high school alternative education program is available at Harris Academy.
- ACSC has one of the highest 4-year cohort graduation rates (94.7%) in the State.
- ACSC has received an "A"/Exemplary Progress for school accountability since 2009 to 2010.
- Indiana Chamber of Commerce named Avon High School an Indiana "Best Buy" based on SAT and Advanced Placement (AP) scores.
- More than $16.8 million in scholarships were offered to the Class of 2013; almost 90% of this class are college bound and 3% have committed to serve in the military.
- Avon High School continues to set the bar for AP student achievement with 29.8% of its 2012 graduates passing at least one AP exam during high school.
- Avon High School's "World" Winter Drumline captured the 2013 State Champion Title.
- Avon High School's Volleyball Team won the 2012 Indiana 4A State Championship.
- Avon High School's Wind Ensemble and Dance Team are both 2012 State Champions.
Avon Board of School Trustees
The Corporation has a five-member school board that is elected "at large", meaning that members represent the entire school board district (Washington Township in Hendricks County). Each member serves a four-year term.