- Public Works
- Snow Removal
Town of Avon - Snow Response 2022-2023
- Does the Town of Avon have a Snow and Ice Control Policy?
Yes we do! This policy is also called a "Snow Removal Policy". The most up-to-date digital version can be found on our website at https://www.avongov.org/DocumentCenter/View/964/Snow-Removal-Policy-PDF?bidId=
- When do we start plowing the roads?
2 inches or more of snow, we start plowing the primary roads. Once primary roads are done, we start the secondary roads/neighborhoods.
- Why did you plow snow into my driveway?
There is not a way to avoid plowing snow into driveways. Attempts will be made to keep excess amounts from accumulating; however, each driveway will receive a certain amount of snow.
- Can I shovel my driveway snow into the street?
No, if this occurs the Town will not be responsible for re-plowing streets.
- Why did you put brine down on the roads? They are clear.
We try to be proactive when possible, pre-treating primary roads and areas where slick spots exist.
- What are the primary roads?
Gibbs Road, CR 450 E, CR 475 E, CR 500 E, CR 525 E, Vestal Road, CR 625 E, Avon Ave, Dan Jones Road, CR 900 E, Ronald Reagan Parkway, CR 1050 E, Raceway Road, CR 200 N, CR 100 N, CR 91 N, CR 100 S, Oriole Way (CR 150 S), CR 200 S, and CR 300 S
- Why did you block my car in?
During snow storms, you are not to park on the street. This is dangerous and makes it very hard to plow our Town Roads. Please move your vehicles into your driveways, so that the plow trucks can do their job safely and thoroughly.
- How do you determine who gets snow removal first?
- Pre-treatment of primary routes and slick spots prior to storm.
- Town Hall/ Police Station - Open for Police and emergency vehicle accessibility.
- Primary Routes - Main Roads (East, West, North, South) within Town limits - Passable and cleared edge of pavement to edge of pavement, when possible.
- Secondary Routes - Single pathway cleared for emergency vehicles.
- Secondary Routes - Cleared from curb to curb and Cul-de-sacs.
- US 36 - Turn lanes for neighborhood entrances as needed.
- How do I submit a claim for damages done by snow removal?
Please submit your claim via Action Center at avongov.org/actioncenter and a member of our Public Works team will get back to you ASAP.